Friday, March 5, 2010

Split with The Neon Sea (June 2009)



After I finished "Litost" I felt the need for a much needed break from recording. After sending one to my friend Dan in Chicago, he suggested a split. I thought his experimental electronics and my post-punkish splatterings would make an interesting mix. He finished months before me and thanks to his patience I finally got 4 songs together.
The opener, "Pink and Black Cities" is possibly my favorite Neon Sea song. It has gentle ambience and lo-fi harshness in perfect measure. It's an engulfing piece of music.
Then your trance is broken by a completely different sound. It's weird how disturbing the percussion seems. For lack of a better term, KD harshes your mellow (even though that mellow had its share of harshness). Then by the time it seems like it's all KD, the Neon Sea returns to nicely round out the album.
Please check out Dan's blog: michelleremembers666.blogspot.com
and check out some of his past solo and collaborative work (Miso Skitzo, Invisible, Penfield 88) at experimentallmusic.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment