Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Old Man Brown" & "Songs to Play After You're Asleep" (September 2007)



Much like Guns n' Roses, Bruce Springsteen, and Tom Waits, KD also released two separate albums at once. Could they both have been cut and compressed into one, stronger album? Probably so, but i prefer my way.
I wanted to release a more concise song oriented album but continued to record more experimental, improvisational material because I frankly found it to be a lot more fun. Granted there is a fine line between the two finished products, but I think the separation works.
These are my favorites of the dreamy lo-fi haze folk side of KD, each showcasing a different side: more traditionally song oriented and more atmospheric semi-accessible noise. I may like one better one day, and the other the next. Joining them would have muddled the whole thing up.
Can you tell I was listening to too much John Fahey and Sebadoh?


2 comments:

  1. old man brown is awesome.

    cobbled leafy water is steadily becoming one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much.
    that song was compared to a group i used to be in (not on this recording though) called blank_blank.

    http://www.subjectivecollective.com/albums/bbtwbd.rar

    hope you like it, let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete